Thursday, December 27, 2012

Possible Platform Consideration

I've been thinking about the different kinds of platforms I could publish this game on. Obvious choices for me are of course, PC, Mac, and Linux. Those would be the easiest and would add next to nothing to my budget. I could also build on Android, but iOS would require me to have an Apple computer which I don't, so that wouldn't be a viable option unless I factor a cheap Mac computer into my budget (heheh Apple making inexpensive products). Consoles are another story, I'm not considering consoles, but I could make it a stretch goal if I'm funded beyond my set goal. Surprisingly the Wii U would be the easiest in terms of development since each Wii U SDK comes with a free game engine courtesy of Nintendo. However, there are a few requirements to becoming an authorized Nintendo Developer and one of those require owning office space (This is what I was told at GDC at the Nintendo booth). Finally there's offbeat hardware like the Ouya, oh Ouya what a curious little box you are. Actually not really you're a box with the Android OS installed. That makes things much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment